Literary, Photography and Artwork
Online Competition 2021
Terms and conditions in relation to electronic entries submitted for the Callington A & H Society Inc (Callington Show) 2021 Competition are as follows:
- There are three (3) categories. Art, Literary and Photography in which each category has age defined sections, note the age limit is your age as of the 18/1/2021:
- Open 17+
- Junior 10-16 years
- Primary 5-9 years
- There are three (3) categories, Art, Literary and Photography in which each category has age defined sections.
- There is a maximum number of two (2) entries per person per section within the categories to the competition.
- Competition is open to SA residents only
- This competition is online, electronic submissions only.
- Entrant must attach their entries with their online entry form.
- The themed, ‘Reflections 2020’, competition shall close for entries at midnight 26th Feb 2021.
- Artwork is to fit A5 portrait page allowing for 5mm border.
- Winners of the Adult and Junior Art competition will be published on the book covers. Entrants need to make an allowance on their artwork for text - book title “Reflections 2020” and book price $5.00.
- Artwork is to be submitted as a jpeg or PDF file.
- Literary entries must be submitted as a PDF file.
- Poetry maximum 30 lines including stanza breaks.
- Prose maximum 500 words Font & size: Arial 11.
- Photographs are to be A5 portrait size allowing for 5mm border.
- Photographs are to be black and white.
- JPEG, PNG, PDF, BMP no larger than 20mb.
- Entries will only be submitted for judging once payment for your entry has been confirmed.
- Judges decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into regarding those decisions.
- All entries are to be on topic ‘Reflections 2020’ and will be judged accordingly.
Usage and Rights:
- The Entrant agrees that any material submitted is of their own creation and not modified in any way. The material entered does not have any trademarks, contract rights, or any other intellectual property rights of any other third person or entity.
- Upon entering your material to Callington Show you give permission for publication in any media. The entrant indemnifies Callington Show and its officials, committee and judges against any damage or loss made against or suffered by any of those indemnified arising, in whole or in part, as a result of the publication by Callington Show of your content; or a breach by you of these terms and conditions.
- The Entrant agrees to material being published on the Callington Show website along with your name being credited, unless otherwise requested. All intellectual property in relation to material entered on the site is controlled by Callington Show and can be added or removed at their discretion.
- The Entrant grants Callington Show a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence for any entry of material throughout the world in all media.
- Callington Show assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any misuse of your material published via any media by third parties. Standard Australian and international copyright rules and regulations apply to any material published as part of this competition or any future marketing by Callington Show.
- The Entrant is aware that publication in any media will contain advertising or links to third parties which are not related to Callington Show and in relation to which Callington Show has no control or interest. There is no relationship between Callington Show and any third party or any endorsement by Callington Show of that third party, its products or services which it is advertising.
- Only authorised Callington Show committee members determine whether your content will be published.
- The Entrant acknowledges that their Entry is not being provided for a commercial purpose.
Right to cancel:
- Callington Show reserves the right to cancel or suspend the competition at its own discretion if not capable of continuing as planned for any reason that is beyond its control.
- Callington Show will take no responsibility for the repercussions of any entry submitted to the competition, nor any problems incurred by the Entrants whilst participating in the competition.